Sunday, February 13, 2011

Gritty Sue and the case of the pulsating vampire

Author's note: This isn't really based on any one person's story in general. Just UF tropes.
-----------

I stepped out into the night, feeling leather caress my every curve. Not many people had the guts to wear a leather catsuit in July, but it's what made me feel good. It matched my dangerous and gritty personality, which also unfortunately kept almost everyone at bay. That had its benefits on occasion but unfortunately it pushed a lot of guys away as well. I hadn't gotten hit on in at least 2 hours.

My best friend Sally kept pace beside me. She was the exact polar opposite of me. Where I had hair that some compared to the darkest midnight, her hair was the color of sunlight and golden sheaths of wheat. I pushed back my waist length hair, cursing that it'd somehow managed to come out of its tight braid.

We'd decided to go out drinking but we'd wandered into the wrong bar. For a town that looked incredibly old fashioned in certain areas, it had a large amount of bars for us to stumble in and out of when needed. The night life here was incredible, especially after all of the supernatural creatures had exposed themselves to the human population.

I heard Sally chirp something at me but I generally ignored her. After all, it was only going to be a short while until she dropped dead from one attack or another. I mentally practiced how I would react to her death- would it be cooler to go all "cold murdering ice bitch" or would it be better to go the "wail and scream up at the night" route? I guess it depends on whether or not she'd be able to gasp out her last dying words, which would probably tell me how I was the greatest friend ever and/or a cryptic detail about her murderer.

"...so then I told him 'hey, you'd be sore if you had that many at a time'." Sally turned towards me waiting for me to acknowledge her. I smiled at her and she scowled. "Hey Mary, I know that I'm only going to be around for a few more hours and that you chose me because I was voted 'most likely to be garroted before she's 30', but-" I cut her off with a glare.

"Don't you ever say that! You're totally not going to die and you're also my bestest friend ever!" I smiled in her direction.

Then I saw him. A vision of fanged beauty. I reacted exactly the way I did to all vampires. I instantly pulled out a stake and lunged at him. He attempted to dodge but I caught him and held the stake at his heart while my other hand cupped his genitals. A look of surprise overtook his exquisite face.

Then I staked him. Dust flew everywhere. Sally turned towards me with a look of surprise. "Why'd you do that Mary? He was gorgeous and I'm really certain that he has an angsty past that only you can soothe."

I rolled my eyes. "I staked him for the same reasons I stake every male vampire. Small dick. I do have some  standards, Sally."

We walked down the boulevard and Sally tried to soothe me. "Don't worry Mary, that perfect vamp is out there somewhere. Maybe if we're lucky I'll be horrifically murdered in the next five minutes and my killer will be some guy with a mule in his pants and a wicked heart full of angst that you can rehabilitate into the perfect humanist. Er, vampirist. Whatever."

I looked over at Sally. "With your ghost giving me the OK to bang him (although I'll totally already be doing that) from the hereafter while I angst over my lust for your undying killer?"

"You bet." And with that, we wandered off into the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment